Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Little Wii Component Cables

Picked up some Component cables right before Xmas. i was surprised to see them while Christmas shopping as I had read on the Web that these were pretty hard to find and fetching a good price on Ebay. The first set of cables I found was at Microplay in Gatineau. they were priced at $39.99. I picked'em up but decided I would do a little research on them before opening the package.

Good thing I waited because during Xmas holidays, I found a set by MadCatz for $25 at EBGames. Returned the unopened cables the next day. Been happier ever since.

Are they worth it? For me - definately. Given that I play on a Plasma and that the cable that came with the Wii was a single yellow RCA... I can definately see the difference - especially on Zelda. If you have a regular TV without 480 output; i wouldn't bother.

4 comments:

James said...

I could see these higher quality cables coming in handy if you have a sweet tv like yourself, but for poo' James and Ferda who live on the other side of the tracks - not worth it at the moment.

Perhaps though a new TV is in our future...

What brand is yours R2?

iBenoit said...

Pionneer 50 inch Plasma. I named it Pio. It is now 2 months old. Delivery went very well... mother and father are very happy.

James said...

haha... what store did you purchase from?

iBenoit said...

Futureshop. Ngotiated quite hard too. Happy in the end.